Preparing for Sunday is a weekly time to prepare for Sunday worship. Based on the Revised Common Lectionary, Preparing for Sunday is a time to step away from the busyness of the world and reflect on what God is saying to us.
This week’s text is from Luke 15:1-3 and 11-32.
Do you have questions or answers to the questions? Leave them in the comments.
Here are some questions to think about the text:
1. Of the three characters in this story, which one do you identify with more, the younger son, the older son or the father?
2. Who is the “prodigal” in this story; the younger son or the father?
3. Are grace and forgiveness fair? Why or why not?
4. Was the older son mad at his brother or his father?
5. Did the father extend grace to both sons? If so, in what ways did he show that grace?
6. Has there been a time when you were forgiven for something? How did that feel?
What are your answers? What are your questions? Feel free to share them by responding to this post in the comments section or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.