Third Sunday of Easter
Preparing for Sunday is a weekly time to prepare for Sunday worship. Based on the Revised Common Lectionary, Preparing for Sunday is a time to step away from the busyness of the world and reflect on what God is saying to us.
This week’s text is from Acts 9:1-20.
Do you have questions or answers to the questions? Leave them in the comments.
Here are some questions to think about the text:
- Was Saul’s experience one of conversion or a call to ministry?
- Why do you think the other people with Saul never heard the voice Saul heard?
- Ananias had his concerns about healing Saul. Was Ananias right to ask these questions to God?
- In his discussion with Ananias God calls Saul an instrument to the Gentiles. God was using Saul to bring the good news to Gentiles. What does it mean to be an instrument of God?
- Does it matter that Ananias said he was sent to heal Saul? How is this an example of discipleship?
- What does it mean after his healing that Saul went to proclaim in the synagogue?
What are your answers? What are your questions? Feel free to share them by responding to this post in the comments section or sending an email to email@example.com.